Saturday, April 9, 2011

Movin' on Up.......

We finally made the big move! But, let's back up a little bit and give you some small details that lead up to this weekend.
Monday there was a very large storm and a lot of people lost their power for a few days including Montrose Elementary. I was very sad for those people and friends whom had lost their power for those days but, I was a happy girl being able to miss two days of work and being able to spend a couple days with my Lo Lo bug.
So, Tuesday was great! We slept in, had lunch with Ryan and packed a few boxes, because I knew we had to be out of our house in Teays Valley by April 15. So I was taking my time packing and bring boxes up a little at a time to the new house. It was a wonderful relaxing day (I even read my whole People Magazine while Landri took a nap). Then, Wednesday I decided to take a few hours for myself so I took Landri to Ryan's mom's house and I went and got my hair done. I got there about 10:00 had a diet Mountain Dew and was enjoying adult conversation. At about 12:00, I got a text from Ryan that said, "We have to be out of the house by 4:00 on Friday!" In my head I was thinking, Oh great we have a week and a half plenty of time to finishing packing. Then I said, "Like this Friday?" and his reply...wait for it....... wait for it...................
"THIS FRIDAY!" Well let me say my whole mood changed. I could feel the stress setting in. But my wonderful husband said, I am leaving work to go start moving you finish there and then call me.
I left the salon about 1:00 and by the time I got to the house Ryan and a friend had moved almost ALL the furniture! All that was left was my bedroom furniture. Ryan said, "Get these clothes so we can take this!" I was literally throwing things in suitcases with no rime or reason. So much for my slow pace very organized plan. It was crazy! We were throwing stuff left and right into any box we could find.
So, Wednesday night I was kinda hoping for work to be cancelled again because I had SO much to do but, it wasn't so I went to work on Thursday (only thinking of how much I had to do). After work I bolted out of the door and went straight to help Ryan. He had worked so hard but there was still SO much left to do. So we worked until late Thursday night. Landri was up until 11:00 (the latest she had EVER been up). But we were FINALLY able to sleep in our new house!
At about 12:30 that night I decided that we had so much to do the next day before 4:00 that there was NO WAY I could work on Friday. So I submitted my absence and by this time Ryan and I were exhausted. I laid my head on my pillow and Chance and Lucy (our dogs) began to go crazy at the window in our bedroom (there is a porch off of our bedroom). I heard..."MEOW, MEOW" not a quiet little meow but the loudest one I had ever heard (well at that time it seemed like it). There was a stray cat sitting at our window and would not leave ALL NIGHT! So needless to say Chance, Lucy and I did not sleep the first night but Ryan and Landri had a great night! So first night, kinda rough for me and the dogs.
Friday, we went like crazy to get everything out of that house! We packed and cleaned and packed and cleaned. At about 12:00 we took the 2nd to last load to the new house unpacked and headed back for one last load. We got all the trash and the last little things left. We left the house at about 3:15 about to head to the closing that was happening at 4:00. Ryan and I both needed a little pick me up so we stopped at Cold Stone for a milkshake! We finally made it to the closing and signed over the house!
It was bitter sweet. I LOVED that house and the memories that we made in it but, I knew when I heard how excited the other people were to move in and the look on Ryan's face when we signed it over that it was God's plan for us to move to St. Albans and make many more new memories in our new home.
So, today (Saturday) was the day to sort through the mess we had made with all the fast packing skills I had gained over the last two days. My mom, sister and Emmy came to help and we sorted through many things. We made a trash pile, a keep pile and a yard sale pile and I'm telling you I am going to have one heck of a yard sale very soon. We worked all day long and made a huge amount of progress. Ryan was so surprised when he got home. We were actually able to sit in the family room and have a conversation without tripping over boxes.
Our new home is coming together very nicely and I am so excited to finish putting it together. It is absolutely beautiful and it has turned into my dream home. My old house that I once thought was my dream home has no comparison to our new home. I can't wait to share before and after photos with you but as for now the camera is packed. As soon as I find it and the house is complete I will share every room with you!


* We also want to give a special THANKS to all of our family and friends who helped us during the move. We are so blessed to have wonderful people who will drop everything to help when we needed them the most. We LOVE you all! :)

* Brooke *

No comments:

Post a Comment