Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Time

Let's rewind back about three years........
My summer days consisted of sleeping until 12:00, having lunch with Ryan, reading a book by the pool, grabbing a cheese sandwich for dinner as I was running to the mall, target or Homegoods for some afternoon shopping. Then taking a bubble bath while reading people magazine. My days consisted of quietness and relaxation.

Now...Let's fast forward to today.......

My summers now consist of waking up by 7:00 to "Mommy where are you!" or "Mommy I need you!" Instead of reading a book by the pool I am in the pool diving for rings or saving baby from getting stuck on the rope. Instead of a healthy cheese sandwich, I am actually cooking dinner every night and sitting down as a family, thanking god for everything and everyone he has blessed us with. Instead of shopping I now play on the swing set, in the crooked house, sidewalk chalk, chasing the ball, pulling weeds and watering flowers. Instead of taking a bubble bath I get to watch my little girls splash in the bath tub. And instead of people magaine we read the same books every night. Finally my favorite part of the day is rocking my little Lo Lo Bug to bed. Then I head to bed and do it all over again!

Funny how in three years some much can change. I know the first description of summer sounds so ideal for most people. But I CHOOSE the second description. My family has changed me in a way I never thought was possible. I have so much fun waking up at 7:00 am (I know sounds crazy) to the sound of a little voice that really does need me. And diving for rings in the pool is great when I get to see my little girl's face light up when I come up from under the water. Don't get my wrong I still love shopping but I have to say most days I would rather be covered in dirt and sidewalk chalk. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and people that I wouldn't trade for anything. I am so lucky to have Ryan and Landri in my life. Landri and I have a few shirts that say Life is Good....I totally agree!

Here are a few pictures that have summed up my summer so far...

Landri entertaining herself at our first yard sale (which was a huge success)


New Backpack for Lo Lo...which we take everywhere



Swimming at Nana's





"Outback" as Landri calls it....Lo Lo's swingset where we spend a lot of our time!




The Crooked House...













This is just the beginning of our summer! There will be many more pictures to come! :) We hope everyone is having a great summer!

Remember...
"Life is Good!"

*Brooke*




No comments:

Post a Comment